Téo Cacao Blends Sustainability Plan
Our Sustainability Plan
July 20, 2020: Committed to do our part as a company to strengthen and be kind to the planet.
January 8, 2021: Changed to 100% compostable mailer - made of corn!
- Anything over 16 oz will be sent in USPS flat rate bubble mailer (currently plastic) - will be changing to compostable as we have the capital!
- Anything over 24 oz or french press will be sent in USPS flat rate box - will find the best box options for planet friendly packaging.
September 2021: Product bags will switch to 100% compostable + zipper
- No more labels/stickers. Switch to printed bags - work in process
- With sustainable ink? More info: https://www.ecoenclose.com/blog/what-is-the-most-sustainable-ink
Carbon offsetting program - work in process
Printing: Shipping labels
- Switch to recyclable - work in process
Cacao is 100% compostable: YOU can do this now! Go beyond the brew and...
- Make yourself body or lip balm, and soap
- Compost in your garden
- Reuse the brew: Blend it in your smoothie, ice cream, baking, etc
Téo is interested in restorative farming practices. We are not well versed but will be conducting research in how these practices can benefit farmers, and how best to educate them if interest is shown.