Vanilla Blackberry Cacao
This one's more like cacao tea - very light & refreshing.
3 REASONS TO MAKE THIS!
1. You can taste berry & chocolate notes.
2. Light yet rich in flavors.
3. It's like true love in a cup. ;)
Prep time: 24+ hr (for cold brew)
What you'll need:
- 5 tablespoons of Téo Cacao Brew
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar/honey/maple syrup etc.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To a french press, add Teo cacao grounds and filtered water. Stir to combine, place french press lid on and press the plunger down right at water level. Let sit at room temperature.
- After 24 hours, press the plunger down completely and pour brew into a separate airtight container where it can be stored in the fridge for up to several days.
- To a saucepan, add blackberries, sugar and water, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes while using the back of a wooden spoon to help break down blackberries.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat and add vanilla extract
- Strain out blackberry pulp and let cool. Store in airtight container for up to 10 days.
- To assemble drink, start by mixing 3/4 cup cacao brew with with 1 tablespoon blackberry sauce and ice. Taste and adjust to desired level of sweetness.
Recipe by @drink_alt