Banana [n]ice cream
Who has extra bananas that's about to go bad...? Try making banana ice as your healthy choice of TEO cacao brew!
3 REASONS TO MAKE THIS!
1. This dessert drink is perfect for using up ripe banana.
2. Sugar-free, caffeine-free, and guilt-free
3. It's absolutely healthy.
Prep time: 24 hours
What you'll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 5 tablespoons @teoblends cacao grounds
- 1.5 cup filtered room temperature water
- To a french press, add cacao grounds and filtered water. Stir to combine, place french press lid on and press the plunger down only to water level. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours before fully pressing the plunger down. Pour brew into a separate airtight container where it can be stored in the fridge for up to several days. (cold brew)
- Peel, slice and freeze bananas.
- Once frozen, blend in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth. Refreeze the blended bananas once more until very firm before scooping for best results.
- Add to serving glass with ice and Teo cacao cold brew.
*This is a great base recipe, but there are so many ways you can dress up this dessert drink. Here are some ideas:
- Adding a few sprigs of fresh mint and a few tablespoons of full fat coconut milk to the blender with the bananas before refreezing
- Drizzling magic chocolate shell on top
- Blending a few coffee beans with the bananas for a coffee flavor and crunchy texture