Mexican "Hot Chocolate"
You can brew it the regular way - with hot water - then add milk OR you can steep this in milk to make the drink thicker. Let us know which you prefer!
3 REASONS TO MAKE THIS!
1. You are not using highly processed cocoa powder.
2. Cacao grounds is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. It’s definitely a healthier alternative to hot chocolate.
Prep time: 15 mins
What you'll need:
🍫 3 Tbsp cacao grounds
🍫 1 C hot water
🍫 1/2 C milk
🍫 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
🍫 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
🍫 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
🍫 Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Brew Cacao grounds for 10 mins with a french press.
2. In a milk frother, add milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne powder. Froth until fully mixed and until you get a layer of foam.
3. In a glass, add maple syrup, then cacao brew. Then add the milk mixture.
4. Mix and Enjoy!!
🍫 Be careful in the amount of Cayenne powder you add, start with a small amount. You can always add more if you want it spicier
Recipe by @caffeinatedwith.chi
Get spicy & Tag @teocacaotribe to show-off your creation!