Cacao Chicory Brew
Anyone else struggle with caffeine intake?
3 REASONS TO MAKE THIS!
- If caffeine gives you a headache... Cacao is almost caffeine-free. It contains theobromine instead.
- Theobromine gives you a gentle energy boost.
- Chicory adds boldness.
Prep time: 15 mins
What you'll need:
- 5 tablespoons @teocacaotribe cacao grounds
- 1.5 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicory (chicoree_leroux)
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- splash of vanilla
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut cream/milk (from a can). Milk of choice can be substituted, but full fat coconut milk adds a nice richness and creaminess.
1. To a french press, add cacao grounds and hot water.
2. Stir to combine, place french press lid on and press the plunger down only to water level. (For cold brew: Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours before fully pressing the plunger down.)
3. Add chicory to cup and hot water & stir.
4. Add 1/2 cup of cacao brew with remaining ingredients.